Life is about to get crazier around here and I don't want to forget any of those moments... or maybe I do!



Sunday, July 6, 2014

Independence

4th of July Fun
 
 
We started the day with the Lake Highlands parade.  Bubba walked in the parade with the Cub Scouts and Duch, Huck and I cheered him on and collected candy.  That whole collecting candy at a parade is a little strange... I heard myself saying things like "Run into the street to get that Dum Dum!" or "Hurry up or the other kids will get it all!"  The big kids have not even asked for any of their candy since we got it home, but Huck LOVES candy so that is a constant request...
 



 
After the parade Duch and I spent some time crafting 4th of July decorations: 
wet chalk fireworks and windsocks

 
 
The Hubby was at work so we decided to go see some fireworks.  We packed a picnic dinner and went to the celebration in Richardson.  We parked at the shuttle parking lot and rode a bus to the park.  It was Huck's first bus ride :-)  The park was not crazy crowded and there was a nice breeze blowing to keep us cool and to keep the mosquitos away. 
 

An orchestra played patriotic music

Sno cones
 They had a few activities like a bounce house and slide:
Huck

Bubba with Duch at the top
 
And then the main event!  It was a really good show.  The kids all likes the smiley face firework the best.

 
About halfway through the fireworks show this happened:
Not sure how he slept through the loud music, fireworks and big kids squeals of delight...

After the show the fun came crashing down as we got in line for the buses... 1 hour later we were back at our car and it was after midnight before they were into bed.  I do have to say that Bubba was a huge help offering to carry things without even being asked.  I'll have to think awhile before I decided if we'll do it again next year...  but it was a fun night and a great fireworks show.  It has been awhile since I've been to an event like that so I did enjoy it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment